Google has announced that Google Analytics 4 (GA4), the next-generation measurement solution, will replace Universal Analytics. The standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits after July 1, 2023. (360 Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits on July 1, 2024.)
We recommend you migrate to Google Analytics 4 and export your historical Universal analytics reports if they are important to you, as GA4 will not show them.
These articles will help you switch to GA4:
- Universal Analytics will be going away
- Make the switch to Google Analytics 4
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property (to a site that already has Analytics)
Changing your analytics Tracking ID to Measurement ID
According to Google, you don’t have to change the tracking ID after migrating to Google Analytics 4. However, if you want to do this, follow the steps listed below.
Here’s how to change your Universal Analytics Tracking ID to GA4 Measurement ID in the Sitebuilder:
- Copy your GA4 Measurement ID.
- In the Sitebuilder, click the Menu button on the top left corner of the screen. Then click Settings in the Sidebar.
- In the Website settings window, click the Disconnect button next to Google Analytics and then click Submit.
- When you’re back to the Website settings window, click Connect next to Google Analytics and insert the Measurement ID you copied into the Add your Google Analytics Tracking ID to your site field.
- Click Submit and then submit again in the Website settings window.
Remember to publish your site to make the changes live.
Please sign in to leave a comment.