You can embed videos from YouTube on your website. This platform is recognized for its streaming quality. There are multiple benefits for video embedding — your site loads faster, visitors can share your videos, and you enjoy more options to control video playback. That’s why there is no need to upload a video directly.
Uploading your video
Before you start embedding a video on your page, you should upload the video to Youtube. Here are the instructions on how to do it.
Tip: Only public videos can be embedded on your site. You can set your video as Public under Visibility option in Youtube interface. Don’t choose Private or Unlisted options.
- Choose the place on your page where you want to add the video. Click the + button.
- Choose one of the following Features blocks:
You can match the color of the block to your existing block color or choose a contrasting scheme.
3. Get the embeddable URL of your video on Youtube. You can get it by clicking Share on the video page.
Copy the short URL on the next page.
3. Hover over the demo existing video to see the menu. Click on the option Change External URL.
4. Paste the Youtube video URL in the next window.
You can also choose the Allow Full Screen option to enable viewing in full-screen format.
5. Click Apply when finished.
Congratulations! Your video has been added to the page. The video will start playing after you Publish the site.