Your footer can display a lot of helpful information for your visitors including additional navigation, your logo, as well as contact and copyright information.
Adding the Footer block
If you are building your page from a template, you will already have the Footer block added at the bottom of the page.
If you are building the page from scratch, the Footer block will automatically be added and placed below any block you choose.
Note: You can only have one Footer block per page.
Normally, you won’t see the Footer block option in the Blocks library. However, if you’ve deleted the existing Footer block from your page, you can click the Plus (+) button, choose Footer in the Block library (it’s located at the very bottom of the list), and click the footer layout to add it to your page.
Or you can use the Undo button on the Topbar to reverse the action.
Customizing the Footer block settings
You can customize the Footer block with the help of its control pane. To activate it, hover over the block and then click the Block settings icon.
The block settings menu consists of two tabs: the Layout tab and the Appearance tab.
In the Layout tab, you can choose which elements should be displayed in the footer. (In some templates, most of them are unticked by default.) Tick the desired checkboxes to add or untick to delete the options from the footer. The design will update automatically.
In the Appearance tab, you can customize your Block style by changing the color scheme of the block.
When you’re done customizing, click Save to submit the changes.
Customizing business logo
If you change your site logo in the Header block it automatically uploads to your footer and vice versa.
Here is how to edit your logo in the footer:
- Click on the logo to activate the control panel, and then click the picture icon.
- Locate the new image on your computer and click Open.
- Click it to enable the resize control and drag the resize control to customize the size of your logo.
- Your logo will be updated throughout the website.
Note: If you apply a new custom color palette, the colors of your logo will not change.
Customizing footer navigation
Unlike the logo, the navigation menu in the Footer block is not linked up with the navigation menu in the header. However, the customization process is quite similar.
After you enable footer navigation in the Layout tab of the Footer block settings, Click the footer navigation to open List settings. Here you can make the following changes:
- Change the navigation menu items order by dragging and dropping them to the place you like.
- Access the Item settings, which enables you to change the navigation item’s name and click action.
- Delete the item from the navigation menu (without deleting the page itself) by clicking the trash bin icon near the item’s name.
To find out more about changing the navigation item’s click action, follow the instructions from the Editing the Navigation settings article.
Using a copyright notice may help you prevent infringements. A copyright notice contains three elements:
- The copyright symbol ©
- The year of creation
- Site name
You can edit your site name in the copyright information by clicking it and highlighting the text you want to change. It won’t influence the site name in your footer or header. You can make it bold, italic, underlined, and add a link to it.
Note: The copyright notice cannot be removed. We care about the intellectual property of those who use Sitebuilder to create their websites. A copyright notice on a site serves as a visible reminder to site visitors that the work and content displayed there is the intellectual property of the site owner.
Removing branded footer
If you have a free subscription, a branded footer is automatically added to your site. If you are willing to remove it, you need to upgrade.
Here's how you can do this:
- Click the Delete icon that appears when you hover over the branded footer.
- You will be prompted to upgrade. Complete the steps required to upgrade your website plan. You should notice now that the footer has disappeared.
- Click the Publish button to make the changes visible online.