You can create several types of links on your website page:
- You can place a link to another site
- You can add a link to a page on your own site
- You can link to a downloadable file
- You can add a link to an email address so that the site visitor can send you an email directly from the page. This will automatically launch your visitor’s external mail program such as MS Outlook or Apple Mail in the new window.
Let's take a look at how to add different types of links.
Adding button links
To link a button to another page of the website, an external website URL, or an email address:
1) Hover over the button to trigger the link editing pane:
2) Click on the "chain" Link icon. You will be prompted to add the following:
- To link to an existing page on your website, just select the page name from the dropdown menu.
- To link to an external URL, copy the URL of the page you want to link to, and paste to the window.
- To link to an email address, enter the following line of code:
Note: you enter the email address instead of email@example.com
3) To confirm the entry, click on the check icon.
Note: please keep in mind that the link won’t be active in the Editor.
4) To make the link fully functional, click on Publish button in the upper right corner. Once the site has been published, your visitors can click on the link and land on the destination you have specified.
Note: you can modify the text in the button by clicking on it and typing in the new text. Please keep it short and not longer than 4-5 words. This will not affect the link you have added to the button.
Adding a text link
You can link to another page, outside URL or an email to any link in blocks such as Features, Products, and more. You can modify the text in the link in the same way as the text in the button.