You can create several types of links on your website page:
- You can place a link to another site.
- You can add a link to a page on your own site.
- You can link to a block on the page.
- You can add a link to an email address so that the site visitor can send you an email directly from the page. This will automatically launch your visitor’s external mail program such as MS Outlook or Apple Mail in the new window.
Let's take a look at how to add different types of links.
Adding button links
To link a button to another page of the website, an external website URL, or an email address:
1. Hover over the button to trigger the link editing pane:
2. Click on the "chain" Link icon to access the Link Settings menu.
You can choose one of the following options:
- Open a page: To link to an existing page on your website, select the page name from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to a block: choose this option to take visitors to a block on this page.
- Open a web address: take your visitor to another website. To link to an external URL, copy the URL of the page you want to link to, and paste to the window. Choose if you want the link to open in a new browser tab and tick the box.
To link to an email address, enter the following line of code:
Note: when you link to an email address, your visitors will be taken to their email platform of choice.
3. To confirm the entry, click Apply.
Note: please keep in mind that the link won’t be active in the Editor.
4. To make the link fully functional, click on Publish button in the upper right corner of the Sitebuilder. Once the site has been published, your visitors can click on the link and land on the destination you have specified.
Note: you can modify the text in the button by clicking on it and typing in the new text. Please keep it short and not longer than 4-5 words. This action will not affect the link you have added to the button.