You can create several types of links on your website page:
- You can link to another site.
- You can add a link to a page on your own site.
- You can link to a block on the page.
Let's take a look at how to add different types of links.
Adding a text link
To add a link to a word or a portion of your text, do the following:
1. Highlight the text you want to link to and click on the "chain" Link icon in the contextual menu.
2. In the Link settings menu, choose the type of action you want to assign to this link:
- Scroll to a block: choose the block where you want to link from the drop-down menu.
- Open a page: Choose another page on your website from the drop-down menu.
- Open a website: Type in the URL of the destination where you want to link to.
Once done, click Submit to confirm the changes. Your link has been created!
Adding button links
To link a button to another page of the website, an external website URL, or an email address:
1. Hover over the button to trigger the link editing pane:
2. Click on the "chain" Link icon to access the Link Settings menu.
You can choose one of the following options:
- Open a page: To link to an existing page on your website, select the page name from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to a block: choose this option to take visitors to a block on this page.
- Open a web address: take your visitor to another website. To link to an external URL, copy the URL of the page you want to link to, and paste to the window. Choose if you want the link to open in a new browser tab and tick the box.
3. To confirm the entry, click Apply.
Note: please keep in mind that the link won’t be active in the Editor.
4. To make the link fully functional, click on Publish button in the upper right corner of the Sitebuilder. Once the site has been published, your visitors can click on the link and land on the destination you have specified.
Note: you can modify the text in the button by clicking on it and typing in the new text. Please keep it short and not longer than 4-5 words. This action will not affect the link you have added to the button.