Cover blocks present essential information about your business, product, or service in a bold and distinctive way. You can use these blocks to introduce your product or service and make it easy for visitors to get in touch with you.
You can replace the demo text in the block simply by clicking on the text and typing your own content. Highlight the text to be replaced or copy/paste the content from your own text editor. Here's how you can format your text.
Note: You cannot create lists in your block subtitle.
Replacing the background image
You can replace the demo image of the Cover block. Here's how you do this:
1. Click anywhere on the image to trigger the appearance of the control pane.
Continue uploading and resizing your image following the steps in this tutorial: Editing images.
The following file formats are supported.
Note: You can upload animated .gif files as block backgrounds.
Customizing the "Cover" block settings
You can add headings, subheadings, and add or remove buttons in the Block settings window. Here's how you do this:
1. Hover over the Cover block to trigger the appearance of the Block Settings Pane.
2. Click on the Gear icon to reach the Block Settings Window. Here you can choose which block elements will be displayed:
- Block secondary title: check this option to display a new text block on top of the main title. Use this area to add a slogan or another call to action.
- Block subtitle: check this option to show a longer sentence below the main title.
- Block description: this option displays the text element containing several sentences.
- Primary button and Secondary button: these options allow you to add one or two buttons to your Cover block.
Once you are done customizing Block settings, click Save to confirm changes.
Customizing content blocks
You can choose a cover that contains small blocks of content. This would allow you to boldly showcase your features or benefits.
Here's how you can modify these blocks:
1. Replace the content header: click on the demo text and start typing your own content.
2. Replace the description content: click on the demo text and start typing your own content.
3. Edit the links: click on the link to trigger the Link Editing Pane and choose where this link should lead. Read this tutorial on link editing.
Once you are done editing, the new changes will be visible immediately. Click Publish to make the changes live.
Customizing the form
You can choose a cover that contains a form that your visitors can use to send you a message. Here's how you can modify this Cover block:
1. Choose the block with the form from the Block Library.
2. Hover over the form to trigger the Block Editing Pane.
3. Click on the Gear icon to open the Block Settings Window.
Here you can edit the following elements of your Cover block:
- Block secondary title: add or remove it from the page.
- Block subtitle: add or remove this text element from the page.
- Form title and subtitle: check or uncheck to add or remove these lines of text from your form.
How to modify the button
You can replace the text in the button of the form and also set the success message and email addresses where the form submissions would go. Here's how you do it:
1. Hover over the button to trigger the appearance of the button editing pane. Follow the steps in this tutorial to edit buttons.
2. Modify the Form settings using instructions in this tutorial: Adding a form.