The About us block allows you to tell the story of your company, brand, or product. Use this feature-rich block to present a story about your business and other types of content, which is useful when you need to combine text and visuals for maximum impact.
You can customize the layout of your About us block in various ways.
Adding the About us block
In the Block Library, you can find the About blocks with different text elements.
To add the About us block:
- Choose the place where you want to insert the block and click the (+) Plus button.
- In the Blocks library, navigate to the About us section and choose the block design that appeals to you.
- Click on the block to insert it into your page.
If you want to create a dedicated About us page, not just a block, visit our Creating an About us page tutorial.
Customizing block settings
You can customize the About us block with the help of its control pane. To activate it, click the block and then click the Block settings icon.
The block settings menu consists of two tabs: the Layout tab and the Appearance tab.
In the Layout tab, you can switch the block layout and choose which elements should be displayed in the block. To hide a specific block element (for example, if you want to remove a button), remove the blue tick next to the element’s name and click Save.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block by clicking the color you like.
- Block spacing: Change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
- Block height: Adjust the block's height by turning the fullscreen on and off.
- Media content location: Change the block image position.
- Vertical alignment: Choose the vertical text alignment in the block.
- Content style: Add borders and shadows to some elements.
- Media settings: Add a black & white filter to the block.
Note: Depending on the block layout you choose, you may have more or fewer controls in the Appearance tab.
Read about block customization options in detail in our Block settings article.
You can replace demo images in the About us block with your own business-related pictures. These tutorials can help you:
Editing the block text
To replace the demo text with your own text in the About us block, click the text element and type new text in. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
Other text editing options include
- Customizing font size
- Customizing font color
- Adding links to the text
- Creating ordered and bulleted lists
- Changing text alignment, and more.
Learn more about editing your text from our dedicated article.
Customizing block elements
All of the About us block’s elements are highly customizable. You can add, edit, and remove most elements inside your block.
Read our dedicated article to learn how to customize various block elements.
Other helpful articles:
Note: You can reverse any action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl+Z (Command+Z on Mac) on your keyboard.
Once you have completed customizing your block, click Publish to make changes live.