- If you do not have a Google Analytics account, go to Google Marketing Platform, and in the list of available products locate Google Analytics:
Continue to sign up and create an account according to Google’s instructions.
- If you already have an account, then go to Google Analytics.
- You will be taken directly to the admin section of the Google Analytics control panel. If necessary, create a new account.
Note: If you already have an account with Google Analytics, you can manage multiple sites (“properties”) there. In this case, simply add a new property (instructions). You will be asked to enter the new property name (your website title), choose the site industry, and pick the time zone for reporting purposes.
- Once you are done, go to the Tracking ID section of the menu. The tracking code will be generated. Copy this portion of the code:
- Go back to your Sitebuilder. In the main menu > Settings > Integrations tab, scroll down to the Google Analytics Tracking ID section.
- Paste your Google Analytics tracking code and click Submit.
Note: Once you have added the tracking code you should not see anything on your page. It is an invisible tracking code that sends the information to your Google Analytics account.
- Republish your site by clicking the Publish button.
When you examine the page source code, you should see the Google Analytics tracking ID injected into the <head> area of your pages:
Please be aware that it may take up to 24 hours for Google Analytics to collect the first batch of data about your site.