Here’s how to add the Testimonials block:
- Choose a location where you want to add an article and click on the Add Block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to Testimonials section and click on a block that contains just the right number of testimonials (remember, you can add more at a later stage!). Click on it and the chosen block will be automatically inserted into the page.
Customizing Testimonials block with multiple elements
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Settings icon and the Block settings menu will appear.
You can change the following settings:
- Block secondary title: check or uncheck the box to display or remove the line of text above the main title.
- Block title: show or remove the main title of the block.
- Block subtitle: show or remove the lines of text below the main title.
- Author photo: check or uncheck the box to display or remove the photo of the testimonial’s author.
- Author name: show or remove the name of testimonial’s author.
- Author’s position: here you can show the job title of the author or perhaps their location.
- Primary and Secondary buttons: here you can control how many buttons to show in the Testimonials block.
- Appearance: choose the color of the article background. For example, we can grey color as a background to make the Testimonials section stand out from the neighboring blocks with white background.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
You can customize the block with one testimonial in the same way.
Editing text in the testimonial
To replace the demo text with your own text in the Testimonials block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
You can replace demo images in Testimonials block with your customers’ own photographs. Here’s how you can do it:
1. To replace the image, hover over the block element and the dialog box will appear.
2. Click on “picture frame” Edit Image icon and choose the new image for your article from your computer.
3. Using the cropping grid, choose the square area of the image that you want to show on the article or preview page. You can add a different image on the individual article page later.
4. Once done cropping, click Save and the image will appear in the block.
5. Repeat these steps with other article images that you want to appear in this block.
Editing testimonial ratings
You can add star ratings to your customers’ testimonials. Here’s how you can do this:
- Choose a location where you want to add a testimonials block with ratings and click on the Add Block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to Testimonials section and click on a block that contains a line of star icons in elements. Click on it and the chosen block will be automatically inserted into the page.
In this type of block you can edit the following additional options:
- Testimonial icon: replace the “quote” icon with any other icon from the 3000+ selection in the Website Editor. Hover over the icon to bring the dialog box. Choose another icon from the Icon library.
- Testimonial rating: choose the five-star rating that your author has assigned to your product or service. You can show or remove the line of stars from the testimonial.
Once you are done modifying the block, click Save to apply the changes.
Duplicating block elements
If you would like to showcase more testimonials or reviews in your Testimonials block, you can easily duplicate any of the elements. To do that, hover over any block element you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon. The identical block element will be inserted to the right of the original element.
Moving block elements
You can move block elements in any way that meets your website goals. To move the block element, hover over it to bring up the dialog box, and click on the Move icon. Drag the element and drop it on another spot inside the block. The layout of the block will be adjusted automatically to preserve the clean look and feel of your website.
Note: you cannot move elements from one block to a different block.
Deleting block elements
You can delete any block element if you have fewer testimonials to display. To do this, hover over the unwanted element to bring up the dialog box, and click on the “trash can” Delete icon. You can reverse this action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.