- Choose a location where you want to add an article and click on the Add Block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to Articles section and click on either on the single article block or a page that presents several articles. The chosen block will be inserted into the page.
Customizing a single article block
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Settings icon and the Block Settings menu will appear. You can change the following settings:
- Post title: check or uncheck the box to display or remove the article title.
- Post author: check or uncheck the box to display or remove the name of the author from the article.
- Appearance: choose the color of the article background. For example, we can choose the black color and the color of the text will change automatically.
Editing text in one-article block
To add your own text in the single article block, simply click on any line and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
You will notice that several paragraphs have different font settings. Feel free to copy and paste them in different places of the article where you want to add a quote or a paragraph with a larger font.
Customizing multiple articles block settings
You can show or remove any element of your Article block. To modify block settings, hover over any area of the block and click the “gear” Settings icon. The Block Settings menu will appear.
You can check or uncheck any of the following options:
- Block secondary title: keep or remove the text block on the very top of the block.
- Block title: keep or remove the main block title.
- Block subtitle: show or remove the line of text below the main title.
- Post preview: you have an option to show or remove short intro about the article.
- Post author: you can show or remove the author’s name under the article image
- Post button: check to keep or uncheck to remove the link that leads to the article
- Primary and Secondary buttons: these options allow you to control how many buttons to show on the Article block.
- Appearance: choose the color of the block’s background.
Once you are done modifying the settings, click Save to apply changes.
You can replace demo images in Article blocks with your own relevant photographs. Here’s how you can do it.
1. To replace the image, hover over the block element and the dialog box will appear.
2. Click on “picture frame” Edit Image icon and choose the new image for your article from your computer.
3. Using the cropping grid, choose the square area of the image that you want to show on the article or preview page. You can add a different image on the individual article page later.
4. Once done cropping, click Save and the image will appear in the block.
5. Repeat these steps with other article images that you want to appear in this block.
Editing article links
Here’s how to edit links that lead to articles or other pages on your website:
- Hover over the link to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “chain link” Link icon and either choose the page of your website to link to or insert an external URL.
- Click on the “check” icon to confirm the link destination.
Duplicating block elements
If you would like to showcase more articles or services in your Article block, you can easily duplicate any of the elements. To do that, hover over any block element you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon. The identical block element will be inserted to the right of the original element.
Moving block elements
You can move block elements in any way that meets your website goals. To move the block element, hover over it to bring up the dialog box, and click on the Move icon. Drag the element and drop it on another spot inside the block.
Note: you cannot move elements from one block to a different block.
Deleting block elements
You can delete any block element if you have fewer articles to display. To do this, hover over the unwanted element to bring up the dialog box, and click on the “trash can” Delete icon. You can reverse this action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.