Why you should use the Schedule block:
- Multi-purpose block design: you can create an agenda for one or more days of the event such as a festival.
- Works well with other blocks: you can insert Schedule blocks between highly visual blocks such as Gallery to create a visually appealing site structure.
- Add it anywhere: you can add a Schedule to any block such as Booking, Contact, or About us.
Adding a Schedule block
- Choose a location where you want to add your contact details and/or contact forms and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Schedule section in the menu on the left and click on a block that fits your website strategy.
- Click on the Schedule block you like and it will appear on your page.
Customizing the Schedule block
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Settings icon and the Block settings menu will appear. You can change the following settings:
- Block secondary title: check the box to display the line of text above the main title. To remove the secondary title, uncheck the box.
- Block title: check the box to display the main title of the block. To remove the title, uncheck the box.
- Block subtitle: check the box to display the subtitle. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Schedule title icon: check the box to display the icon in the title section. To remove it, uncheck the box. You can replace the icon by following the steps in this tutorial.
- Schedule icon/image: check the box to display the icon in the title section. To remove it, uncheck the box. We will walk you down the steps on how to modify the image further in this article.
- Schedule description: check the box to display the details of a specific session or presentation in the event schedule. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Primary and Secondary button: use these options to display one or two buttons your Schedule block. You can uncheck these options to remove buttons.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Need more items on your daily agenda?
You can duplicate agenda elements with icons or with photos to create as many daily agenda items as you want. To do this:
- Hover any schedule item you wish to duplicate to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on Duplicate icon.
- The new item will be inserted below:
- Edit the item per your Schedule requirements.
To replace the images in schedule elements with your own or stock photographs:
- Hover over any image in the Schedule block.
- Click the Edit image icon.
- Choose the new image from your computer.
- Click Open in your browser window.
- Crop the image using a pre-formatted grid to choose an area of your image you want to appear in the Schedule.
- Click Submit and your image will be inserted on the page.
To replace the demo text with your own descriptions in the Schedule block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
You can edit buttons in your Schedule block to lead to different pages on your website or to an external URL. To edit links in buttons follow the steps outlined in this tutorial.
Need to create schedules for more time periods?
If you would like to display more than two agenda in your Schedule block, simply duplicate these elements. Here’s how you can do it:
- Hover over the top of the daily agenda to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Duplicate icon.
- The identical block element will appear to the right of the original one.
Deleting daily agenda elements
If you would like to showcase schedules for fewer days, you can delete these days.
- Hover over the image in the Schedule to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Delete icon to remove the element.
This action can be reversed by pressing the Undo button or Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.