Video blocks help you add an embedded video to your page. There are many benefits of adding a custom video to your website. You can add a DIY video tutorial, video testimonial, or a demo of your product. Videos are a great way to get your message across in a format that visitors easily digest.
Here’s how to add the Video block:
- Choose a location where you want to add your contact details and/or contact forms and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Video section in the menu on the left and click on a block that fits your website strategy. You can choose to add a Video block with different backgrounds.
3. Click on the Video block you like and it will appear on your page.
Customizing the Video block
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Settings icon and the Block settings menu will appear. You can change the following settings:
- Block secondary title: check the box to display the line of text above the main title. To remove the secondary title, uncheck the box.
- Block title: check the box to display the main title of the block. To remove the title, uncheck the box.
- Block subtitle: check the box to display the subtitle. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Primary and Secondary buttons: use these options to display one or two buttons in your Video block.
- Appearance: choose the color of the article background. For example, we can choose the black as the background color to make the Video section stand out.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Editing text in the title and subtitles
To replace the demo text with your own text in the Video block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
Embedding the video
You can embed the video instead of uploading it to your website. This helps to keep your page quick and easy to load.
- Hover over the video screen to bring up the dialog box and click on the Change External URL icon.
2. Follow the steps to embed your video outlined in this tutorial.
You can edit buttons in your video block to lead to different pages on your website or to an external URL. To edit buttons follow the steps outlined in this tutorial.
Duplicating the Video block
If you would like to showcase more videos on your page, you can make copies of the Video block. Here’s how you can do it:
- Hover over the top of the Video block to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Duplicate icon.
- The identical Video block will appear beneath the original one. Edit it as described in this tutorial.