Here’s how to add the Contact block:
- Choose a location where you want to add your contact details and/or contact forms and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Contact section and click on a block that fits your business needs.
There are several types of Contacts blocks available:
- Blocks with a Google Map which is useful if your business relies on customers coming to a physical location.
- Blocks with contact forms to make it easy for your website visitors to get in touch with you.
- Blocks with business address, business hours, and social media lists.
- Blocks that combine several of these elements.
3. Click on the Contact block you like and it will appear on your page.
Customizing a Contact block with a map and business details
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Settings icon and the Block settings menu will appear.
You can change the following settings:
- Block secondary title: check the box to display the line of text above the main title. To remove the secondary title, uncheck the box.
- Block title: check the box to display the main title of the block. To remove the title, uncheck the box.
- Block subtitle: check the box to display the subtitle. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Business address: check the box to display your physical address. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Business phone: check the box to display your phone number. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Business email: check the box to display your contact email. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Business hours: check the box to display the hours you are open. To remove these details, uncheck the box.
- Business social links: check the box to display the social media icons. To remove this section, uncheck the box.
- Appearance: choose the color of the article background. For example, we can choose the black as the background color to make the Contact section stand out from the neighboring blocks. You also have an option to make this section Fullscreen.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Editing text in the title and subtitles
To replace the demo text with your own text in the Contact block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
Editing the map
- Hover over the map and click on the Change External URL icon.
2. Follow the steps to enter your location details outlined in this tutorial.
Editing business details
You can edit the business address, phone number, email, business hours, and social media links in the Website settings menu.
To edit, click on any of these fields and enter the details in the next window:
Note: you can also change your business name and description in the Website settings window.
Once you are done customizing the Website settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Editing the contact form
You can edit the email address where the form submissions will be sent, as well as the success message. To do this:
- Add the Contact block with the contact form following the steps described at the beginning of this article.
- Hover over the form and click on the Edit form icon.
Enter the target email address and the success message. To learn more how to edit the forms, read this article.
Once you are done editing the form, click Save to confirm the changes.