The Team block introduces your team members and adds an invaluable personal touch to your website. The Team blocks have everything you need to showcase the unique skills, expertise, and personalities of your team members, no matter how many of them. Here’s how you can add the Team block to any page of your website.
- Choose a location where you want to add a Team block and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to Team section in the left-hand vertical menu and click on the block which style and design suit your website needs. The block will be instantly inserted into the page.
Customizing block settings
You can show or remove any element of your Team block. To modify the block settings, hover over any area of the block and click the “gear” Settings icon. The Block settings menu will appear.
You can modify the layout of the block by checking or unchecking any of the following options:
- Block secondary title: show or remove the line of text on the very top of the block.
- Block title: show or remove the main block title.
- Block subtitle: show or remove the lines of text below the main title.
- Person photo: you have an option to show or remove the photo of your team member.
- Person position: display or remove the line of text detailing their position in your company.
- Person bio: you can keep or remove the brief job description of this team member.
- Person social links: you can add links to social media profiles for this member, as well as enable visitors to email them directly from the page. To learn more about how to modify links, visit this article.
- Primary and Secondary buttons: these options allow you to control how many buttons to show on the Services block.
- Appearance: choose the color of the block background. For example, you can choose to make it grey:
Once you are done modifying the block settings, click Save to apply changes.
You can replace demo images with your own team photos or other images. Here’s how you can do it.
1. To replace the image, hover over the demo team member’s photo and the dialog box will appear.
2. Click on “picture frame” Edit Image icon and choose the new image from your computer.
3. Using the cropping grid, choose the area of the image that you want to show on the Team page. The grid is automatically choosing the optimal shape of the image for this particular block layout. For example, the round shape will be applied automatically.
4. Once done cropping, click Save and the image will appear in the individual service block.
5. Repeat these steps with other team photos or other images that you want to appear in this block.
Editing job titles and descriptions
You can add short bio and job descriptions for each member in the Team block. To edit the demo content, simply click on the text element and start typing your new text. Alternatively, you can paste your existing content from the text editor you are using.
Duplicating block elements
If you would like to showcase more team members in this block, you can easily duplicate any of the existing elements. To do that, hover over any block element you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon. The identical block element will be inserted to the right of the original element.
Moving block elements
You can move block elements in any way that meets your website goals. To move the block element, hover over it to bring up the dialog box, and click on the Move icon. Drag the element and drop it on another spot inside the block.
Note: you cannot move elements from one block to a different block.
Deleting block elements
You can delete any block element if you have fewer services to display. To do this, hover over the unwanted element to bring up the dialog box, and click on the “trash can” Delete icon. You can reverse this action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.