Text blocks allow you to add texts to your website. There are many uses for the Text block, including blogs, legal pages, product descriptions, sales letters, and more. Here’s how you can use the Text block:
- Blog posts: Turn the Text block into an article and link it to your News block.
- Offer description: Insert this block to provide more detail on the services or products that you offer.
- Combine with other blocks: Insert Text blocks between other functional blocks such as Booking, Contact, or About to describe your services in detail.
You can choose from two block layouts: A text block with an image and a text block without an image.
Here's how you can add text-rich blocks to your pages.
Adding the Text block
Here’s how to add this block to your page:
- Choose a location where you want to add your Text block and click the Add a block (+) Plus button.
- In the Block library, choose Text from the list to see the pre-designed layout for this block type.
- Click the pre-designed layout you like to add it to your page.
Customizing block settings
You can customize the Text block with the help of its control pane. To activate it, click the block and then click the Block settings icon.
The block settings menu consists of two tabs: the Layout tab and the Appearance tab.
In the Layout tab, you can hide the block content by removing the blue tick next to Block content.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block.
- Block spacing: Change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
- Horizontal alignment: Move the content to the left or to the center.
- Media settings: Add a black & white filter to the images within this block.
Once you are done customizing block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Read about block customization options in detail in our Block settings article.
Editing text in the block
To edit the demo content, click the text piece and start typing your new text. Or you can copy and paste your existing content from the text editor you are using.
You can style your text with the following attributes:
- Bold, italic, underlined text
- Emphasize a paragraph as a quote
- Change alignment: highlight the paragraph and choose the alignment in the control pane
- Change text color – learn more about changing text colors
- Create numbered or bulleted lists – read more about creating lists
For more information and text editing instructions, visit this tutorial: Text editing and formatting.
You can replace demo images in the Text block with your own visuals. Our Adding images tutorial will help you.
You can also add images inside the text block. To do this, locate the place where you want to add an image and click the Add Image icon in the control pane.
Then locate the new image on your computer, click Open, and it will be uploaded to your site. The image will be resized automatically to fit the layout of the page.
You can add multiple images to your text but remember to keep images reasonably small in size so that they don't make your page load slowly.
Customizing features for the images are described in our dedicated tutorial.
Editing article links
Once you are done customizing your Text block, hit Publish to make the changes live.