The Business card block helps you create a one-page website that will deliver the essential information about your business, a product, or service in a clear and concise way.
Here are some reasons why you can choose the Business card block:
- Your temporary online presence: if you are just starting out to build a website, a simple one-page website complete with all your business details will replace the old-fashioned “Site under construction” page.
- As a Cover block: you can add a Business card block to serve as an opening block for your website while you provide the details of your offer in blocks below.
- As a quick Contact page: you can add a Business card to any block including Articles, Services, Features, and Contact to attract your visitors’ attention to your business contact details.
Adding a Business card block
There are two ways of creating a Business card. This article explains both.
Choosing the Business card as a website type
When you start building your website, you will be prompted to choose the Business card as an option. Here’s how to do this:
- Open a new account and you will be taken to the Template Library.
- Click on the template that you like and click Use this template.
- As the next step, choose the Business card as a website type from the menu.
- In Step 1 of the Site Setup Wizard enter your business name, the industry of your business, and a brief website description (this is optional).
- In Step 2, choose the Business card as your website type.
Click Continue to confirm your choice.
6. In Step 3, add your logo, business name, and business description. Click Continue to confirm your entry.
7. In Step 4, add your contact details such as address, phone number, social media profiles, and business hours. Click Confirm entry to finish the setup of your Business card.
Note: you can skip these steps and enter your business details in the Website settings. To learn how to do it, visit this tutorial.
Congratulations! You have just created your mini-site complete with your business logo, description, and contact details.
You can use this Business card block as a foundation for your website and add more blocks. You can also leave it as is knowing that your visitors have everything they need to get in touch with you.
Adding a Business card block
You can add this block when creating a website from scratch. Here’s how to do this:
- Choose a location where you want to add your contact details and/or contact forms and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Business card section in the menu on the left and click on the block. It will be inserted into the website page.
Business card block settings
You can choose which Business card details to display in your block in the Block settings menu.
- Hover over any empty area of your page and click the “Gear” Settings icon in the menu.
- In Block settings menu choose which contact details to display in your Business card. Check or uncheck the options, then click Save to confirm your choice.
Modifying business details in Website settings
You can also customize your business details in the Website settings menu.
To access it, navigate to the Website button in the upper left corner of the Sitebuilder, and click on Website settings… link.
You can add your logo, favicon, website description, and contact information in the Website settings menu. Click Save to confirm the changes.
Adding more blocks to Business card
You can make your Business card a building block for your website. Here’s how to add more blocks to it:
- Navigate to the top or bottom area of the block to bring up the purple Add a block + button.
- Click on it to open the Block library.
- Start adding blocks such as Header, Services, or Contact. Select a block and click on it. It will be automatically added to your Business card.
Note: to keep your website design professional and consistent, all Blocks have been designed to match the template style. All you need to do is to add your own content and images!
- Customize new Blocks depending on your online presence needs.