Categories are a great way to manage and arrange your products. They also make it easier for customers to navigate your site and find the products they want.
- Click Catalog > Categories.
- Click +Add Root Category to set up your main category (e.g., "Coffee Beans").
- Customize your new category:
- Enter the category name
- Add category image
- Add category description
Once done, click Save.
- You can also add a subcategory, e.g., Promotions. To do this, choose the category from the list. Click Add subcategory button.
- Repeat the steps by adding the subcategory name, image, and description.
Assigning products to a category
Once you have created your categories, you should assign each product to a category or subcategory. Here's how to do this:
- Click Products.
- Choose a product to add and click Edit product.
- In General, scroll down to Categories and click on Change Categories button.
- Click on categories and subcategories where you want this product to appear.
- Click Save to confirm.
- Repeat these steps with all the products in your store.