Customers love discounts and deals. Putting a product on sale or showing that this very price is less than a customer will find elsewhere is a great way to get more orders. And this is how the Sale price feature works.
To show that a product is on sale, you can set the Compare to price for it. This price will be struck out to demonstrate the discount. The product will also have an ON SALE label in the catalog and on the product page.
Setting up a Sale price
- Go to Catalog > Products.
- Open the product you want to edit.
- Click the arrow next to the price.
4. Enter the Compare to price. This price should be higher than the current price and it will be struck out.
Note: If you have taxes enabled in your store enter Compare to price that already includes taxes.
5. Click on Save button or Ctrl-S to save the changes.
Customizing Sale prices
You can set the display options and wording of the Compare to prices in your Settings > General > Cart & Checkout and then scrolling down to Compare to price section.
Here you can customize:
- Where to display Compare to prices: you can show these on product details pages only or both product listing and product details pages.
- Which text to show at Compare to prices (e.g. Was, List price, etc.)
- How to display discount values: you can show savings in percents or as absolute values.
Once you are done customizing, click on Save button or press Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.