What is personal data?
Personal data, according to the GDPR, includes any information that can identify an individual. The range is vast, including but not limited to:
- Email addresses
- First and last names
- Locations (city, town, and country)
- Shipping or billing addresses
- Social security numbers
Even seemingly anonymous data can fall under this umbrella if it can be linked to other data to identify an individual.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Australia’s Privacy Act
- the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998 (or DPA)
- the EU's Data Protection Directive
- Singapore's Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- You demonstrate your commitment to safeguarding your customers' personal data.
- Your customers gain clarity about the extent of personal data your company manages.
- You validate the legality of your data protection practices.
Here are some pointers to get you started:
- Include your company's legal name and business address.
- Provide contact details for your Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Add the Forms block to the desired location on your canvas, click the form itself, and tick the Display GDPR consent field checkbox in its Form settings > Advanced tab.
- Click Submit and publish your site to make the changes live.
- Navigate to your footer block and click the footer navigation to open the List settings. (If you don’t have navigation enabled in the footer, go to the Block settings and tick the Footer navigation option.)
- Click the blue Plus (+) button to add the new item.