What is personal data?
Any data that can be used to identify an individual is called personal data. There’s a lot that can fall into that category:
- Email address
- First and last names
- City or town plus country
- Shipping or billing addresses
- Social security number
Anonymous data can also be classified as “personally identifiable information if it can be used in connection with another type of data to identify an individual.
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Australia’s Privacy Act
- United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998 (or DPA)
- EU's Data Protection Directive
- Singapore's Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- You show your customers that you can be trusted with their personal data.
- You provide customers with clarity on how much personal data your company controls.
- You verify whether your data protection practices are legally compliant.
- You should include the legal name and business address of your company.
- You should include the contact details of your Data Protection Officer (DPO).
3. Click Submit to confirm your changes.
1. Go to Website settings menu and scroll to the Cookie & User data. Click the field to enable Cookie consent banner.