Choosing the right design is the first step in creating a professional website. The Sitebuilder allows choosing your site design from a large gallery of professionally designed templates.
Each template can be customized for your own website purposes. You can either choose a design that fits your industry niche or you can choose a design you like and then customize it with your own images and texts.
Best practices in choosing a template
With so many beautiful, agency-quality templates to choose from, the process can be daunting! Here are some ways you may find useful when choosing a template for your site.
1. Fits your business niche. This way, you get a ready-to-use website, complete with niche-specific photography, icons, and texts.
2. Fits your vision. You can choose the template in which style, colors, fonts, and functions match your needs, and you can add your own photographs, text, and other elements later.
3. Start with a blank template and build your website from scratch. This template is also professionally designed, so you can rest assured that all margins, spaces, and layouts will look perfect on all devices.
Each template can be customized for your own website purposes.
Starting with a new template
1. Browse the variety of designs in the Template Gallery.
2. Click on the i icon on the template you like to learn about its unique qualities and functionality.
3. Once you find the design you are happy with, click Use this template.
Choosing a template on mobile
You can access the entire Template Gallery on any mobile device. You don't need a separate site-building app to browse template designs and install a template on your site. Here's how you use Template Gallery on a mobile device:
1. Browse the designs in the Template Gallery.
2. Preview how your website will look on desktop and mobile.
3. Read about the unique features of templates on any device.
4. Once you have completed choosing a template, click on it and enter the Site Setup Wizard to set up your website.
To read more about Template Gallery, visit this tutorial.