If you want to delete a page, you should approach this carefully. Before you delete a page please remember the following:
- When you delete a page, all of its content is deleted.
- Deleted pages can be restored.
- If you think you will need this page later, you can make it inaccessible by removing it from your website’s navigation. Please note that this page may still appear in online search results.
- If you want to delete the home page, set the new homepage first and then proceed with the steps in this article.
Whenever you delete a page from your site, you also delete its URL. That old URL, when visited, will usually return a ‘404 not found’ error, which can damage your position in Google search results. But if you are confident in your decision, here's how you can delete a page:
1. Go to the Pages menu and navigate to the page you want to delete.
2. Click on the "trash" Delete icon.
3. At the next window confirm your intention to remove the page and click Submit:
The page will be no longer visible in the list of your pages. To make changes live, click Publish.
Tip: Before deleting a page you need to ask yourself whether it’s better to delete it or keep it and improve it instead. Alternatively, you can remove the page from navigation so it will no longer be accessible to your visitors.
Article is closed for comments.