You can make a downloadable file (a price list, for example) a menu or submenu item in your header and footer navigation.
Adding a downloadable file to your Header
Here’s how to do this:
Click the navigation bar in your header to activate the Navigation settings menu, and then click the folder tree icon.
- In the menu, click the (+) Plus button to add a new navigation menu item.
In the New item menu, choose Download a file as the click action and click the Choose file button to upload the file from your computer.
- Next, you have the option to let your visitors download this file on their computer or open it in a new tab. The Download on computer option is ticked by default. Click the radio button next to the Open in a new tab option if you want to change it.
- Another optional setting you have here is Set Download URL.
Type in the name of the menu item and click Submit to save.
The new item will appear in the list of navigation items.
Now, you can click Submit in the Navigation settings menu, and the link to your downloadable file will appear in the navigation menu. If you want to make the downloadable file a submenu item to one of your existing menu items, drag it to the existing item and drop it when the existing item highlights like it’s shown in the video below.
Publish your website to apply the changes.
Adding a downloadable file to your Footer
The process of adding a downloadable file to the Footer is even simpler:
- Click the Footer navigation menu to access the List settings.
- In the menu, click the (+) Plus button to add a new footer navigation item, or click the Settings icon of the existing item.
- Choose Download a file as the click action and click the Choose file button to upload the file from your computer.
- Type in the name of the menu item and click Submit to save.
Tip: In some templates, the footer navigation menu has to be activated manually. To do this, hover over the Footer block and click Block settings. In the Layout tab, tick the Navigation check box.