If you want to delete a page, you should approach this carefully. Before you delete a page, remember the following:
- When you delete a page, all of its content is removed.
- Deleted pages can’t be restored unless you back up your site right before deleting it.
- If you think you may need this page later, you can make it inaccessible by removing it from your website’s navigation. Please note that this page may still appear in online search results.
- If you want to delete your homepage, set the new homepage first, and then proceed with the steps in this article.
Note: Whenever you delete a page from your site, you also delete its link (URL). That old link, when visited, will normally return a ‘404 not found’ error, which can damage your position in Google search results. You can avoid this problem by creating 301 redirects.
How to delete a page
If you are confident in your decision to delete a page, follow these steps:
- Click Pages in the Topbar of the Sitebuilder to open the Page manager.
- Navigate to the page you want to delete.
- Click the trash bin icon near the target page.
- In the next window, confirm your intention to remove the page and click Submit.
The page will no longer be visible in the list of your pages. Click Publish to make changes live.
Please sign in to leave a comment.