The News block allows you to keep your site visitors up-to-date with the latest updates and news of your site. You can choose from several Newsblock types, depending on the content you want to showcase on your pages.
Adding the News block
Here’s how to add this block to your page:
- Navigate to the page where you want to feature your articles or news and click the Add a block (+) Plus button.
- In the Block library, choose News from the list to see the pre-designed layout for this block type.
- Click the pre-designed layout you like to add it to your page.
Customizing block settings
You can customize the News block with the help of its control pane. To activate it, click the block and then click the Block settings icon.
The block settings menu consists of two tabs: the Layout tab and the Appearance tab.
In the Layout tab, you can switch the block layout and choose which elements should be displayed in the block. To hide a specific block element (for example, if you want to remove a button), remove the blue tick next to the element’s name.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block.
- Block spacing: Change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
- Content layout: Choose the number of items in a row.
- Content style: Add borders or shadows to make the article elements stand out on the page.
- Media settings: Add a Black&White filter to the images within this block.
Note: Depending on the block layout you choose, you may have more or fewer controls in the Appearance tab.
Read about block customization options in detail in our Block settings article.
Customizing News block’s elements
All of the News block’s elements are highly customizable. You can add, edit, duplicate, and delete most elements inside your block.
Read our dedicated article to learn how to customize various block elements.
Other helpful articles:
Note: You can reverse any action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl+Z (Command+Z on Mac) on your keyboard.
You can replace demo images in the Products block with your own product-related pictures. Our Adding images tutorial can help you.
You can add a short article summary under each image. To edit the demo content, click on the text piece and start typing your new text. Alternatively, you can copy and paste your existing content from the text editor you are using.
For more information, visit this tutorial: Text editing and formatting.
Once you have completed customizing your block, click Publish to make changes live.