There can be many reasons for preventing your page from appearing in search results, including the following:
- The page is under development, and it’s not ready to welcome visitors yet.
- The page contains private data (confidential company details, user profiles’ info, private correspondence, payment data, etc.).
- The page contains similar information (a common issue for ecommerce websites that have many products that differ only in size or color and are considered by search crawlers as duplicates).
- The page contains so-called thin content (login pages, thank you pages, etc.) that search crawlers consider not adding additional value for visitors.
Hiding a page from indexing can be done by adding a noindex tag to it. But don’t worry, you are not required to inject any code into your website. With Sitebuilder, you can do it by ticking a single checkbox. Read on for full instructions.
Adding a noindex tag to a page
To hide your page from the search engine crawlers, follow these steps:
- When in the editor, click Pages on the Topbar to access the Page manager.
- Click the gear icon next to the page you want to manage.
- In the Page Settings window, go to the SEO tab.
- Tick the Hide this page from search results checkbox.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
Read more about customizing your SEO settings in the dedicated tutorial.
Please sign in to leave a comment.