Image title and description fields allow you to add captions to your website images – a few lines of text to explain and elaborate on published photos.
Adding captions is only available if the image click action is set for View full-size image (enabled by default). If you change the click action, you will only be able to set up the alt text for the image.
Alt text (alternative text), also known as "alt attributes," “alt descriptions," or "alt tags,” is also used to describe the appearance and function of an image on a page. It is indexed by search engines, and it is read aloud to users by screen reader software.
To add an image title, alt text, and description, follow these steps:
- After adding a Gallery block to your page, click the desired image to enable the control pane, and then click the Media settings icon.
- In the Media settings menu, type the text in the Image title field.
- To use the image title as an alt tag, keep the Same title for Alt tag checkbox ticked. To add a different tag, untick the checkbox to enable the Alt title field and type in the new alt tag.
- Type in the description text in the Description field. (Leave it empty if you don’t need a description.)
- Click Save to submit the changes.
Your image and description will be visible in the full-size image view on your published website. The alt tag will be only visible to search engine crawlers.
Please sign in to leave a comment.